Year 11 students at Tamatea High School are offered a broad based programme with emphasis on the essential learning areas of the New Zealand Curriculum.
Year 11 students must select 6 Level 1 subjects.
Students must study Level 1:
- English and/or Te Reo Maori
Students may chose three other Level 1 subjects as below:
- Applied Practical Skills (by invitation only)
- Visual Art
- Classical Studies
- Design Technology (Hard Materials)
- Design Technology (Soft Materials)
- Digital Technologies
- ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages)
- Maori Performing Arts
- Social Studies
- Tikanga (by invitation only)
All subjects provide credits towards NCEA Level 1, but only Achievement Standards will count towards NCEA with Merit or Excellence.
Please download the Senior Course Booklet 2017 for information to assist with subject selection.